Learn how to set up custom fields to create a risk score for projects.
- [Instructor] Many organizations take into account…how risky a project is before deciding to move forward.…Let's set up some custom fields to score projects for risk…and add the fields to our Selection dashboard.…The first custom field we're going to create is for impact.…On the project tab, click Custom Fields.…This is going to be a number field.…In the Type drop-down list, choose Number,…and we're going to use field Number7.…Click Rename beneath the list,…and we'll call this Risk Impact.…
Click Okay to save the name, and now this is going to be…one of those fields where it's a number from one to five,…where one means very small impact…and five means very high impact,…so we don't have to do anything else.…We're going to move down to field Number8,…select that in the list, then click the Rename button,…and we'll call this Risk Probability.…Go ahead and click Okay to save that.…
This is another one that's going to be from one to five.…One is a low probability and five is a high probability.…Now we're going to move on to field Number9.…
- Recall how to define custom fields to create a risk score for a project.
- Explain the advantages of using generic resources.
- Recognize the steps to take to determine resource availability for a project.
- Explain how to view a schedule based on project priority.
- Identify the importance of changing a project portfolio’s status from Active to Complete.
- Determine how to create a report that shows active and backlog projects.