Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a work resource, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- A work resource is one you assign based on time,…like a person who works full-time or half-time.…Or a moving truck you rent for five days.…You provide basic information…about work resources like name and initials.…You also specify the resource's availability,…work times, and cost.…That way, Project can calculate when tasks occur,…how long they take,…and how much they cost.…To work on resources,…go to the View tab and choose Resource Sheet.…One thing to notice with the resources…already in place,…is that you can use generic names for resources.…
Job descriptions, as a resource name,…are really good when you don't know who's…going to be working on your project.…Later on you can replace them with real people…and you'll see how to do that…in a later movie.…I'm gonna create a new work resource.…So, I go down to the bottom of the list,…click the first blank Resource Name cell,…and I'll type Network admin.…So, that's an example of a generic name.…When I press Enter,…Project automatically creates a work resource.…
Well let's say that I do know who the Network admin is.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.