This movie describes how to filter a task list and then copy those tasks from Project into an Excel workbook to create an update form for people to fill in. It describes how to edit headings in Excel, create a template to save those changes, and then use the template to create an update form.
- [Voiceover] Once you have a list of tasks that…might need to be updated, it's easy to use…that list to create task update forms in Excel.…We're gonna start by setting the status date for an update.…I'm gonna head to the project tab, click my…current status date in the status section,…then in the status date dialogue box, I'm…gonna change the status date to July 7, 2017 and click okay.…I can see over on the left side of the screen…that I already have my custom view c…underscore task updates applied.…
So that's good to go, the only thing I have to do…is reapply my filter so I can see…the tasks that need to be updated.…I'm gonna head to the view tab in the filter…box in the data section, click the down arrow…and if you want to reapply the c_tasks updates filter…you can click it in the custom list.…You can also use a keyboard shortcut control F3.…In this case, I don't have my task updaters filled in.…
So let's do that, I'm gonna click the first…task updater cell, click the down arrow…and I'm gonna use the project manager…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author John Riopel. It will show how to use Project to implement the skills taught in Project Management Fundamentals, Managing Project Budgets, and Agile Project Management with Microsoft Project. You can follow along with Project 2010, 2013, or 2016, using the free or premium versions of the exercise files.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Explain how to set up a custom view that can be modified.
- Recall the importance of setting a status state prior to reviewing or updating.
- Calculate the percentage of remaining work.
- Recognize the function of 4 keyboard shortcuts.
- Determine the steps to take when identifying an individual responsible for providing updates on a specific task in a custom view.
- Explain how to set up an Import Wizard for the first time.