Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating and saving projects, part of Microsoft® Project 2010 Essential Training.
- You can create a project file in several ways,…but in this movie you'll see the steps…for creating a project from scratch.…You need to tell Project when your project starts…and it's a good idea to specify a few…other settings while you're at it.…You don't wanna lose the work you've done…on your project, so save early, save often…are words to live by.…When you launch Project, it creates…a new blank file called Project1.…You can see the name up at the top center of the window.…There's also a keyboard shortcut, control n.…
I'm gonna press that now and Project creates…a new project called Project2.…The first thing I wanna do is set…the Start date for the project.…I head to the Project tab…and then click Project Information.…And that opens up the Project Information dialogue box.…The first thing I'm gonna set is the Start date.…And let's say that's 7/31/2015.…The program uses this project Start date for tasks…that don't have Start dates or predecessors.…
By default, Project sets the Schedule From box…to Project Start Date, and that's the way you wanna keep it.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.