Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a recurring task, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- A recurring task is work that occurs…on a regular schedule…like construction walkthroughs or project reviews.…In Project, you can set up a recurring task by…defining its frequency and a few other settings.…Project creates the individual occurrences…in a summary task to hold them all.…Well, I'm gonna create a recurring task…for all the Project Reviews for this particular project.…I'm gonna go down to the very bottom of the task list…and the first I wanna do…is I'm gonna create a task to separate the recurring task…from the rest of the Project Tasks.…
So, I select the first blank task name cell…and I can type Project Reviews…and then press enter.…Now, initially that becomes a subtask…of the summary task above it…and that's not what I want.…So, I wanna select that task…and then on the Task tab, in the schedule section,…click Outdent Task.…That puts it up at a higher level…so now that tasks starts at the start date of the project.…Now, I'm ready to insert the recurring task.…
I click the next blank task name cell…then I head to the Task tab, over to the Insert section,…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.