Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a project from a template, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- A template is the quickest way to get started on a project…because a template can include tasks, resources,…settings and even values like task durations…and estimated work hours.…Better yet, you can get templates from…Microsoft, colleagues, online sources…or create your own.…To create a file from a template,…go to the File tab and then choose New.…If you go and click My Templates,…you'll see any templates that you've already saved.…In this case, there's one called Trade Show Plan,…but that's not what we're working on.…
So, I'm gonna click Cancel.…Instead, down in the Office.com templates section,…I'm gonna click the Search box…and then type some key words, construction project.…Then, click the right pointing arrow…to search for a template that fits that description.…Project finds several different construction projects.…The Commercial construction project plan…is what I want.…So, I select it and then on the right side,…click the Download button.…Project downloads the template…and opens it up, ready for you to work.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.