Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a milestone task, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- A milestone is a great way…to show a key point in a project.…A chunk of work completed,…a decision made, or even better,…a customer approval that triggers a payment,…milestones are incredibly easy to create in Project,…and you can create as many as you want,…because they don't have any duration.…I'm going to insert a milestone…into this project's schedule.…The first thing I'm going to do is select…the task that's below where I want the milestone to go.…In this case, that's Choose new location,…so I click that task ID cell.…
Then, on the Task tab,…I head over to the Insert section and click Milestone.…That inserts a new milestone into the schedule.…Project automatically sets the duration to zero days,…because that's what a milestone is.…It means something that this is when it occurs.…In the time scale, it shows up as a diamond.…When you insert that new milestone,…Project automatically selects the Task Name cell,…so you can go right ahead…and type the name for that milestone.…
I'm going to call it Requirements approved.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.