Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a material resource, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- Material resources represent…tangible items consumed by a project,…like packing boxes or food for the office open house.…Like working with any other kind of resource,…we're going to head to the resource sheet.…On the View tab, click Resource Sheet.…To create a new material resource,…I'm going to go to the first blank Resource Name cell,…click that, and then type the name.…For example, Appetizers for the open house.…The next thing I do is click the Type cell.…
Project automatically selects Work,…so I click the down arrow and choose Material.…I'm going to skip the Material column for now…and go to Initials, and I'll type in Apps.…Now I'm going to jump over to the Std Rate cell.…I'm going to type in the standard rate for this material,…and I'm going to put in $24.00.…$24 for what?…And that's where the Material column comes in handy.…This is like a label that says…what the unit is for the material resource.…
I'm going to click that cell and I'm going to type in Tray.…That means that a tray of appetizers costs $24.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.