In this video, see how to take your duration indicator custom field and display in graphical format, instead of using days.
- [Instructor] We've built a duration indicator value…in our project file.…However, it currently shows in days, and as in text.…We want to see that in a much more graphical way.…So we're going to change the way…this column works in our project.…So, I'm going to right click on Duration Indicator,…and select Custom Fields.…In the Custom Fields dialog box…I have the selection for the Duration Indicator,…since that's the one I chose.…
I want to go down to the "Graphical indicators..." button…at the bottom of this screen, and press that.…I'm now going to create the tests that I want to perform…on the information that gets populated into this field.…And it does test in the order listed,…and stops when you have a first successful test,…as you can see here in the bottom section of that grid.…I'm going to select "is less than",…and the first test I'm going to say is zero days.…Since I'd like to use an image…that represents a black and white one,…since they're most oftenly printed and simple to see,…I'll scroll down to the bottom and use an open circle.…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with Bonnie Biafore.
- Touring custom field categories
- Working with enterprise fields
- Creating lookup tables
- Choosing custom fields
- Using custom fields to edit built-in fields
- Importing fields and formulas
- Creating formulas to edit text based on other fields
- Creating graphical indicators
- Choosing effective indicators
- Importing indicator criteria