This video covers using a marked field to set another custom field for rolling up specific milestone tasks within your project.
- [Instructor] When creating custom fields, you may need…an existing field to work with a new custom field.…Our team would like to know the date of the next milestone…without having to scroll through the project.…So, let's get started building.…We're going to insert two new columns.…So I'll go to the Insert Column option…and bring in a new column called Marked.…Now, I also want to add another field…as I build the formula for this,…so I'm going to go to the Project ribbon…and create a new custom field.…
And since this is going to be on the date side…and we want to analyze dates, milestone dates that is,…we'll select the Date option and rename this to our…Upcoming Milestone Date…and press Okay.…We'll come back and build the formula in just a few moments.…So we'll press Okay again and we'll now insert…that particular column as well.…Right clicking and selecting Upcoming Milestone Date.…
So we now have the two new columns that we want to use…in this particular build scenario.…I want to include certain milestones, not all, just some.…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with Bonnie Biafore.
- Touring custom field categories
- Working with enterprise fields
- Creating lookup tables
- Choosing custom fields
- Using custom fields to edit built-in fields
- Importing fields and formulas
- Creating formulas to edit text based on other fields
- Creating graphical indicators
- Choosing effective indicators
- Importing indicator criteria