Learn how to set up custom fields for portfolio criteria.
- [Instructor] Organizations usually run projects…because the results support the organizations' goals.…With the help of Custom Fields in Project,…you can evaluate how well projects support goals…and then decide which projects to work on first.…We're going to start by creating custom fields…for organization goals and also how important those goals…are to the organization.…Let's head to the Project tab.…In the Properties section, click Custom Fields.…
The first custom field we're going to create is a cost field…for financial measures.…In the Type drop-down list, choose Cost.…Now, one thing I want to mention about the custom fields…I'm creating in this course, I'm going to select custom fields…near the ends of the lists.…That way, if you already have custom fields…that you've created, there'll be less of a chance…of conflict between your work and what we do here.…I'm going to start with Cost8.…
Let's say that this field is for the revenue…that we forecast that the project is going to deliver.…Beneath the list, I'm going to click Rename,…
- Recall how to define custom fields to create a risk score for a project.
- Explain the advantages of using generic resources.
- Recognize the steps to take to determine resource availability for a project.
- Explain how to view a schedule based on project priority.
- Identify the importance of changing a project portfolio’s status from Active to Complete.
- Determine how to create a report that shows active and backlog projects.