Learn how to set up custom fields for portfolio criteria.
- [Instructor] Organizations usually run projects…because the results support the organizations' goals.…With the help of Custom Fields in Project,…you can evaluate how well projects support goals…and then decide which projects to work on first.…We're going to start by creating custom fields…for organization goals and also how important those goals…are to the organization.…Let's head to the Project tab.…In the Properties section, click Custom Fields.…
The first custom field we're going to create is a cost field…for financial measures.…In the Type drop-down list, choose Cost.…Now, one thing I want to mention about the custom fields…I'm creating in this course, I'm going to select custom fields…near the ends of the lists.…That way, if you already have custom fields…that you've created, there'll be less of a chance…of conflict between your work and what we do here.…I'm going to start with Cost8.…
Let's say that this field is for the revenue…that we forecast that the project is going to deliver.…Beneath the list, I'm going to click Rename,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting up portfolio measures
- Creating custom fields to calculate selection criteria
- Defining custom fields for risk measures
- Setting up resource planning
- Building a list of projects
- Adding graphical indicators to the portfolio dashboard
- Evaluating projects for the portfolio
- Reviewing demand and availability for each skill set
- Building a rough schedule
- Managing the portfolio