Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a cost resource, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- The Cost Resource type is perfect for costs…that aren't based on time or quantity,…like airfare, or the cost of a construction permit.…Unlike work and material resources,…you fill in costs when you assign cost resources to tasks.…That way, the cost can differ for each assignment.…Like different airfares for each trip.…Cost Resources are the easiest ones to create.…Let's head to the Resource sheet.…On the View tab, click Resource Sheet.…Then, in the first blank Resource Name cell,…click that cell and type the name.…
We're going to add Airfare.…Then click the Type cell, click the down arrow,…and choose Cost.…There are only two other fields…that you might want to fill in.…With Initials, I'm going to change that to Air.…You might change the Accrue field to Start,…because you usually pay for airfare up front.…Well, that's all there is to creating a Cost Resource.…But let's look at how they work.…So I'm going to go to the Gantt chart.…On the View tab, I click the top half…of the Gantt Chart button,…and then I go over to the Split View section,…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.