In this video, you see how create a calendar for a work shift, name it to easily identify what the calendar represents, and modify the default work week for a shift schedule.
- [Instructor] You may need additional calendars…for other work schedules, such as an evening shift,…or a part-time schedule.…No problem.…You can create as many other calendars as you need.…Let's go ahead and create a new calendar for a shift.…On the Project tab, click Change Working Time…to open up the Change Working Time dialog box.…Because we're creating a new calendar,…head over to the top right of the dialog box…and click the Create New Calendar button.…
That opens up a small dialog box,…Create New Base Calendar.…Project always selects the option,…Make a copy of, and then it says the Standard calendar.…If you wanted to make a copy of a different calendar…you could click the down arrow and choose…the calendar that you want, but we're going to use Standard,…so we get all of the holidays and other exceptions…that we created.…Now in the Name box, we're going to select…the name that Project filled in, Copy of Standard,…and we're going to name our new calendar.…
Let's say that this is a calendar…for a shift that runs from three PM to 12 AM.…
Next, Bonnie explains how to create shift calendars by setting work schedules for specific tasks and assigning schedules to resources. Then learn how to fine-tune project, task, and resource calendars, including biweekly schedules. Last, she covers working with multiple calendars, including copying and sharing custom calendars with all Project files and integrating multiple projects with different calendars into a single master Project file.
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with John Riopel.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting up your organization's calendar, including nonworking periods
- Coordinating calendars
- Creating a new shift calendar
- Assigning calendars to resources
- Customizing project, task, and resource calendars
- Working with multiple calendars in a master Project file