Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Copying tasks from another program, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- If your project team members use Outlook and Word,…you might get task information from them…in e-mails and Word documents.…Microsoft Project plays well with these other programs.…So, you can easily copy and paste…task information into Project.…Let's say that your team members…identify project tasks in Word documents…and here's one of those files.…In this case, the bolded tasks are summary tasks…and then there are other tasks that are indented.…Those are the work tasks.…
The ones that are shaded are meant to be milestones.…If I wanna copy these into Project,…it's really, really easy.…All I have to do is drag to select all the tasks…that are in this Word document.…Then, on the Home tab, click Copy…and that sends the tasks to the clipboard.…Now, I can switch over to Project…to paste those tasks into this Project schedule.…I'm gonna select the first blank…task name cell in this schedule.…Then, on the Task tab, all I have to do is click Paste…and all of my tasks come in.…
Project is smart enough that it took the bolded ones,…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.