Explore some communications examples, including tracking and risk management.
- [Instructor] Communication and Reporting.…What gets measured, gets done.…What this means, Program Managers have…a large amount of authority and a large amount of sway…over how people behave, so use that effectively…and use it judiciously.…Program Manager's responsible for reporting risk,…reporting progress for capturing…any new plan of record.…The Program Manager is also responsible…for running team meetings, so the way that…I typically run a team meeting is I will have…one big anchor topic, that'll be a single topic…or review, we will go through that,…we will go through the plan of record…if anything has changed, we'll check our actions…if anything has changed on that action tracking,…and we'll establish next week's meeting.…
This format's worked really well for me in the past…and I would advise anybody to at least start there…and see what works for them.…One of the habits I get into is,…on this upcoming agenda thing, I establish…the upcoming agenda for the next week…and send that out right then, that way…whoever is preparing for next week's agenda…
- Hard skills and soft skills needed for program management
- Reporting and managing risk
- Phases of program management
- Understanding customers
- Running effective team meetings
- Working with partners
- Engineering, architecture, design, and code reviews
- Managing delivery and release
- Competitive analysis
- Measuring results
Skill Level Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SNCP Foundations (S10-110)with Hubbert Smith2h 21m Intermediate
1. Career in Program Management
Reporting and managing risk3m 46s
2. Concept Development: Project Phase 0
3. Plan and Scope: Project Phase 1
4. Development and Execution: Project Phase 2
5. Delivery and Release: Project Phase 3
6. Operate: Project Phase 4
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.