Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing a view, part of Microsoft® Project 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Over the life of a project, you need…to look at it from many angles.…That's why Project has dozens of built-in views…that you can display in different panes…within the main Project window.…Project lets you pick the view you want…in a number of places within the program.…The initial view that Project uses…is the Timeline view at the top…and the Gantt Chart view at the bottom.…This is a great combo because the Timeline…is great for summarizing your project,…while the Gantt Chart can give you a lot of the detail.…
Now, keep in mind, the Gantt Chart view…is a single view, but it has two panes,…the table on the left, and the time scale on the right.…If you wanna select task-related views,…you can do that from the Task tab.…To apply the Gantt Chart, click the top half…of the Gantt Chart button.…If you wanna select a different view,…click the bottom half of the button, and that displays…a list of views that you can choose from.…Also, at the bottom of that drop-down list is More Views.…
If you don't see the view you want…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Becoming a Triple-Threat Project Managerwith Bob McGannon27m 24s Appropriate for all
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.