This video explains how the choice of graphical indicators can provide detail into what is happening within a project.
- [Instructor] When choosing graphical indicators…you have lots of choices.…I'm going to right click on my Duration Indicator column,…and again go back to Custom Fields.…Here I'll select the "Graphical indicators" button…at the bottom of the dialog box.…Originally we created some indicators with an open circle.…Again with a sort of half-filled circle,…a vertical-lined, half and half circle,…and of course a full circle.…However, they don't really tell us much…about what's going on with these particular indicators.…
So I want to change these to be something…that might be easier to understand.…So I'm going to select under the image for "is less than",…an arrow that points to the left.…Typically that would be, is less than.…I'm going to select an equals arrow,…by saying this one is spot on so, in other words,…exactly where it points, so I'll point that one down.…Since this is going to be "is less than or equal to",…I'll use an arrow that goes both directions.…
And in this case for "greater than",…I'll point an arrow to the right,…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with Bonnie Biafore.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring custom field categories
- Working with enterprise fields
- Creating lookup tables
- Choosing custom fields
- Using custom fields to edit built-in fields
- Importing fields and formulas
- Creating formulas to edit text based on other fields
- Creating graphical indicators
- Choosing effective indicators
- Importing indicator criteria