Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing the settings for columns in a table, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- Table columns can display their values…in different ways.…You can change the heading that appears,…wrap the heading text to fit the column width,…align the text, and more.…Well, here I have the gantt chart view…with the entry table displayed.…I'm gonna start by making some changes…to the start column.…I right click the start heading…and then choose Field settings on the shortcut menu.…That opens up the Field settings dialogue box.…Now, the first thing to notice…is that what shows up initially is the field name.…
So, the field is start and that's what you…see in the column heading.…But you don't have to stick to that.…You can change what appears in the column heading…by filling in the title box.…Well, let's say that I want to indicate…what this start value really means.…So, I'm gonna type in Scheduled Start.…The other thing you can do is you could align the title.…Well, initially they're aligned to the left…and I'm gonna keep it that way so everything is consistent.…But you could click the down arrow…and choose Center or Right if you want.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.