Leran how to change the status of a project to complete in the portfolio.
- [Instructor] When you complete a project in your portfolio…you need to change the project's In-Portfolio value…from active to complete.…That way, the project's values will no longer appear…in your portfolio views and reports.…Now, normally when you're managing a project,…you would change the Percent Complete values…or other fields as you go and work is completed,…but in this case, we're going to change those values…in one fell swoop, right now.…
To do that, I'm going to go up to the top-left corner…of the table, I'm going to right-click that cell,…and choose Summary,…because that table has the Percent Complete field.…Now, let's say that the project Sell through distributors…is complete.…Well, I'm going to change the values for Percent Complete…to 100%, just to mark that project as complete.…I'm going to start with the Percent Complete cell…for project Start, and I'll type 100 in that cell,…and then press Enter.…
Now I can go back and click that cell,…point at the green box, and when the cursor changes…to a plus sign, I can drag through the tasks.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall how to define custom fields to create a risk score for a project.
- Explain the advantages of using generic resources.
- Recognize the steps to take to determine resource availability for a project.
- Explain how to view a schedule based on project priority.
- Identify the importance of changing a project portfolio’s status from Active to Complete.
- Determine how to create a report that shows active and backlog projects.