Program managers are needed. Learn how to begin building your career path and about the future of IT.
- [Instructor] And for our wrap-up,…I want to hit the essence of program management,…I want to hit program manager code of conduct,…some career path stuff,…and I want to end with the future of IT.…It's an exciting time to be in program management.…So the essence of program management…is you take a great big job…and you break it into manageable tasks.…And you manage the risk for those tasks.…The thing that I've always enjoyed…and embraced about program management…is that I am able to define success.…
I am able to write the rules.…This to me is rewarding.…It does take some work but you can set yourself…and your coworkers up for success every time.…We've talked before about…how program management is situational.…You apply hard skills and soft skills.…Let's talk again about the hard skills.…So picking the right tool for the job…and using those tools to great effect…such as bug management, change control,…defect management, work structure breakdown,…task tracking, those things are hard skills,…they can and they should be applied…
- Hard skills and soft skills needed for program management
- Reporting and managing risk
- Phases of program management
- Understanding customers
- Running effective team meetings
- Working with partners
- Engineering, architecture, design, and code reviews
- Managing delivery and release
- Competitive analysis
- Measuring results
Skill Level Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SNCP Foundations (S10-110)with Hubbert Smith2h 21m Intermediate
1. Career in Program Management
Reporting and managing risk3m 46s
2. Concept Development: Project Phase 0
3. Plan and Scope: Project Phase 1
4. Development and Execution: Project Phase 2
5. Delivery and Release: Project Phase 3
6. Operate: Project Phase 4
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.