Learn how to schedule projects based on priorities and workloads.
- [Instructor] Once the management team…selects the projects to add to the portfolio,…they're bound to ask, how soon can we get them started?…The weighted score for the management team…tells you the order of priority for the active projects.…You can add links between projects to build a rough schedule…that fits your resources' availability.…To do that, we're going to switch from our Report…to the Selection Dashboard view.…
So on the Task tab,…click the bottom half of the Gantt Chart button…and choose Selection Dashboard.…Now, the view is already filtered for Active,…so we see our active projects in the portfolio,…and they're collapsed, so you just see the summary rows…for inserted sub-projects, and the individual tasks…for the proposed but active projects.…Now, let's say that we want…to put these in order of priority.…So we're going to use the weighted score for that.…
In this view, we have graphical indicators…set up for the weighted score,…which is great when you're selecting projects,…but then when it comes time…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting up portfolio measures
- Creating custom fields to calculate selection criteria
- Defining custom fields for risk measures
- Setting up resource planning
- Building a list of projects
- Adding graphical indicators to the portfolio dashboard
- Evaluating projects for the portfolio
- Reviewing demand and availability for each skill set
- Building a rough schedule
- Managing the portfolio