Learn to review demand versus capacity for all skill sets in a report.
- [Instructor] To see the big picture…of resource demand and availability…you can create a graphical report in Project…that includes a graph for each skill set.…To create this report we're going to head to the Report tab.…Now there's no reason to start from scratch,…so I'm going to click Resources,…and then choose Resource Overview.…That displays the Resource Overview graphical report.…Now before I go any further let's go to the View tab…and close the Details pane.…
Head over to the Split View section…over at that right end of the ribbon…and turn off the Details checkbox.…Now the window is devoted to my graphical report.…What I want to do is I'm going to copy this report…to create a new report.…And here's how you do that.…On the Design tab click Manage,…and then choose Rename Report.…Well, this is a little bit misleading.…We're not renaming this report,…we're copying it and giving it a new name.…
So in the Rename box let's type the new name for the report,…Demand vs Availability,…and then click OK.…Let's just jump to the Report tab for a sec,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall how to define custom fields to create a risk score for a project.
- Explain the advantages of using generic resources.
- Recognize the steps to take to determine resource availability for a project.
- Explain how to view a schedule based on project priority.
- Identify the importance of changing a project portfolio’s status from Active to Complete.
- Determine how to create a report that shows active and backlog projects.