Copy the Dashboards, Cost Overview report, modify the title box and add a Baseline cost field box
- [Voiceover] Management would like to analyze…the cost information on a project, compare baselines,…plan, and actual cost in one report.…So let's get started with another report.…So, I'm going to go to the Report ribbon…and go to the Dashboards Cost Overview.…I'm going to manage this report, so I'm going to create…a new report from this one that comes out of the box,…so I'll rename it, and again, I'll leave the original name…to create the custom, so the Cost Overview report.…Now, the text box on the original report out of the box,…is not what the rest of our reports look like, so I'm going…to select in that box any place there,…and within there, on the Task ribbon,…I can fill the background color.…
I'll use a gray color, the last one in the first list,…to modify the background image.…I'll also change the text to match up…with the other report headers that we've put in,…so I'll change that to white, and I'll size…that text box up just a little bit to make…it a little smaller and a little narrower, alright.…So I've now modified the title box to coincide…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author Bonnie Biafore. You can follow along with this course using Microsoft Project 2010, 2013, or 2016 and either the free or premium versions of the exercise files.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Working with the Report Designer
- Editing templates
- Building resource and team member reports
- Inserting graphs and charts
- Building executive management reports
- Developing a report center
- Creating a milestone dashboard