Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Assigning overtime, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- One thing you don't wanna do is assign overtime…in your original Project plan.…If you count on long workdays from the beginning,…you won't have any wiggle room if the schedule…goes awry later,…but once a project is underway,…you have a couple of ways to work with overtime.…If your team members are salaried…or get paid the same amount for every hour they work,…you can assign overtime…just by increasing their assignment units.…Let's go to the Task Usage view to see how this works.…
On the View tab, I click the bottom half of the…Gantt chart button and I'm gonna choose More Views.…Then in the More Views dialog box,…I find Task Usage, click it, and click Apply.…Also, I'm gonna apply the Incomplete Task filter.…So in the Filter dropdown list,…I choose Incomplete Tasks.…That way, I'll only see the tasks…that I might have to apply overtime to.…I'm gonna head to the Format tab…and hide Summary Tasks.…
Then, to really see how things work,…I'm gonna click Add New Column…and choose Assignment Units.…I'm gonna drag the vertical divider over…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.