Learn how to assign resources to tasks with estimated work hours.
- [Instructor] With projects selected for the portfolio,…the next step is to figure out the resource demand…those projects represent.…You don't know who's going to work on each project yet.…That's why assigning generic resources is perfect…for estimating demand by skill set.…So here we're looking at the Selection Dashboard view.…The first thing that I want to do…is I want to filter this view to only show my active projects.…Now, you already know that you could filter this table…by clicking the down arrow in the InPortfolio column…and then turning check boxes on or off…to decide which setting that you want to show…but I want to define a filter…that I can use throughout Project.…
So instead, on the View tab,…I'm going to go to the Data section and the Filter box,…click the down arrow and on the drop down menu,…choose New Filter.…That opens up the Filter Definition dialog box.…Automatically, the name of the filter is selected…in the Name box so I can go right ahead…and type the name I want for the filter which is Active.…
- Recall how to define custom fields to create a risk score for a project.
- Explain the advantages of using generic resources.
- Recognize the steps to take to determine resource availability for a project.
- Explain how to view a schedule based on project priority.
- Identify the importance of changing a project portfolio’s status from Active to Complete.
- Determine how to create a report that shows active and backlog projects.