In this video, you see how to assign a base calendar to a resource, so the resource is scheduled to work according to that calendar's working days and times. The video shows how a resource calendar affects the schedule when a resource is assigned to a tas
- [Instructor] When you set the project calendar…for a project,…that calendar applies to the entire project,…and it rolls down to the resources' calendars…when you add resources to the project.…But you can also assign a different base calendar…to resources to set their schedules different…from the project calendar.…And you can also modify an individual resource's calendar…for things that only apply to them.…
Say one of the developers works…the 3:00 PM to midnight shift…because she goes to school during the day.…I'm going to head to the View tab…and click Resource Sheet to see my resources.…Now here I have Developer Full-time.…Let's go over to the column that says Base.…That actually stands for the Base Calendar,…and you can see that by pointing at the divider…to the right of the column…and then dragging to the right.…
The full heading name is Base Calendar.…What we're going to do here…is we're going to assign a different calendar…as Developer Full-time's base calendar.…Go ahead and click that cell,…click the down arrow,…
Next, Bonnie explains how to create shift calendars by setting work schedules for specific tasks and assigning schedules to resources. Then learn how to fine-tune project, task, and resource calendars, including biweekly schedules. Last, she covers working with multiple calendars, including copying and sharing custom calendars with all Project files and integrating multiple projects with different calendars into a single master Project file.
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with John Riopel.
- Setting up your organization's calendar, including nonworking periods
- Coordinating calendars
- Creating a new shift calendar
- Assigning calendars to resources
- Customizing project, task, and resource calendars
- Working with multiple calendars in a master Project file