Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Analyzing subcontractors' schedules, part of Managing Subcontractor Projects with Microsoft Project.
- A custom view makes it easy to look…at your subcontractor schedules any time you want.…Here we've got a report that we created in another movie,…but I want to go to a Gantt chart view…so we can look at the subcontractor schedules.…On the Task tab,…click the bottom half of the Gantt Chart button.…The view that we want to start with is Tracking Gantt.…Down at the bottom of the list, click that name,…and now we've got Tracking Gantt applied to the view.…We've got the first task selected,…so I'm going to head over to the right end of the task tab…and click Scroll to Task.…
With Tracking Gantt,…there are two bars for each task.…We've got the grey bar on the bottom,…which is the baseline schedule.…The blue bars represent the current schedule.…You might remember from another movie…that we updated the initiation tasks to occur…right on schedule,…and that's why the bars are all in the same places.…But if we scroll down a little bit further,…down into the network infrastructure,…I can click one of those tasks,…and then click Scroll to Task,…
Expert project manager Bonnie Biafore introduces approaches for working with subcontractors, including how to set them up in Project and incorporate their schedules. The course then explains how to set up multiperson team resources, assign subcontractors to tasks, periodically update the project, and review subcontractor performance based on cost, work, and schedule, and in relation to the overall project. Follow along with the sample Project file, featuring before-and-after examples you can use to compare your work to the author's.
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author John Riopel. The techniques apply to Project 2010, 2013, and 2016.
- Setting up hourly subcontractors
- Creating multiperson subcontractor resources
- Inserting subcontractor schedules
- Assigning subcontractors
- Handling progress information
- Analyzing subcontractor and project performance