Review a cross project critical task report
- [Voiceover] I'm gonna take my multiple project status…report that I currently have,…and I have the milestones in the bottom section.…I'd like to also get this grouped by project…instead of just a single column over here.…So I'm going to click in the bottom section…where the table exists.…I'm gonna select under the Group By option…New Group By,…and I'm going to build a new group called…the project and status,…and this will be my group.…I'll insert the project field,…and I'll insert as a second one the status field…that we've used in a previous video.…
Now I'm going to change the color…instead of the cell background being yellow…I'm going to select a blue color.…Now, I have those particular groupings assigned.…So I'll press Apply to this,…and it will regroup the project now…by those elements.…Now, right now I'm filtered for milestones,…but I'm also only level one.…So I can't see any of the levels below that.…So I need to select All Subtasks,…which gets me back to the second set of groupings.…
Now you may need to re-size this depending on how you…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author Bonnie Biafore. You can follow along with this course using Microsoft Project 2010, 2013, or 2016 and either the free or premium versions of the exercise files.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Working with the Report Designer
- Editing templates
- Building resource and team member reports
- Inserting graphs and charts
- Building executive management reports
- Developing a report center
- Creating a milestone dashboard