Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting a work contour, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- Project starts out assuming…that resources work the same amount everyday,…from the start to the finish of a task,…but workloads can vary, like the tasks that start slowly,…ramp up to a full load, and then taper off at the end.…In Project, you can apply work Contours…to reflect how work really gets done.…The flat Contour is the default,…and that means resources work the same amount everyday.…To see how Contours work,…I'm gonna go to the Task Usage View.…
On the Task tab, I click the bottom half…of the Gantt Chart button, and then choose Task Usage.…I'm gonna scroll down to see the task that I wanna use,…Inventory Office, and because I wanna see the hours…in the grid here, I'm gonna go up…to the Quick Access Toolbar, and click scroll to task.…There are the hours…that the Office Manager works, on this task.…If I wanna see the Contour,…I double click the assignment row for this task,…that's the row with the resource name in it,…and when I do that,…the assignment information dialog box opens.…
There in the Work Contour field,…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.