Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding tasks to a baseline, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- Every so often, you need to edit a baseline…after you save it.…For example, the stakeholders might approve…some additional scope and you need to add that…to the baseline.…Or you might need to change baseline values…that turned out to not be correct.…You can re-save parts of a baseline…to see the new target values…while still keeping track…of existing variance from the plan.…First of all, if you haven't entered…any actual values, and you want to update the baseline,…you can just override it.…
Go to the Project tab and in the Schedule section,…click Set Baseline,…choose Set Baseline on the dropdown menu.…And then, in the Set Baseline dialog box,…select the baseline you want.…Keep the entire Project option selected…and click OK.…You're gonna see the warning…that the baseline has already been used…but you wanna override it,…so click Yes and now your baseline has been overwritten.…On the other hand, if you have entered actual values,…you can't do that approach.…
Let's say you're gonna add new tasks or update some of them…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.