Learn how to change projects between active and backlog.
- [Instructor] Sometimes projects have to be done…even if they don't pass the portfolio criteria.…For example, maybe the CEO wants a project done…no matter what…or one project is required to support another…high-priority project.…You can add or remove projects from the active list…anytime you want.…To change the status for a project in this portfolio list,…you change the value in its In Portfolio cell.…
So for example, let's change Project 4…from backlog to active.…I'm going to click the In Portfolio cell for Project 4,…click the down arrow and choose active…and let's do the same thing for Project 6.…I select its cell for In Portfolio, click the down arrow…and choose active.…When you change a project to active…even though the graphical indicator say it shouldn't be,…it's probably a good idea to add a note to say why.…
To do that, I'm going to right click the row for Project 4.…On the shortcut menu,…choose Notes and that opens up…the task information dialogue box to the Notes tab…and I can type my note in the box on that tab.…
- Recall how to define custom fields to create a risk score for a project.
- Explain the advantages of using generic resources.
- Recognize the steps to take to determine resource availability for a project.
- Explain how to view a schedule based on project priority.
- Identify the importance of changing a project portfolio’s status from Active to Complete.
- Determine how to create a report that shows active and backlog projects.