Learn how to create a task to represent a proposed project.
- [Instructor] In the portfolio, proposed projects…are represented by single tasks.…By filling in project values in the custom fields…we've set up, you'll be able to determine which projects…to add to the portfolio and which ones to work on first.…To add other projects,…let's head to our Selection Dashboard View.…On the Task tab, click the bottom half…of the Gantt chart button.…In the Custom section, there's our view,…Selection Dashboard.…
Go ahead and click that.…What I'm going to do is I'm going to add a few more projects…and all I have to do is type in their task names,…at least to start.…So we go to the first blank Task Name cell,…and I'm going to add Project Two.…When I press enter, Project drops down to the next blank…Task Name cell, so I can just keep typing names.…I'll type Project Three, press enter, Project Four,…press enter, Project Five, press enter, and Project Six.…
When I pressed enter the last time,…now I've got my six proposed projects.…Now let's fill in the duration,…so I go to the Duration cell for Project Two.…
- Recall how to define custom fields to create a risk score for a project.
- Explain the advantages of using generic resources.
- Recognize the steps to take to determine resource availability for a project.
- Explain how to view a schedule based on project priority.
- Identify the importance of changing a project portfolio’s status from Active to Complete.
- Determine how to create a report that shows active and backlog projects.