Join Bonnie Biafore for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding lag or lead time, part of Microsoft Project 2010 Essential Training.
- Sometimes there's a delay,…or overlap between linked tasks.…Delays are common in start to start tasks.…When the predecessor gets started,…and then a little while later, the successor starts.…You can tell Project about delays and overlaps…with a task links Lag field.…Let's take a look at the Submit Permit Application task,…and let's say that there's a 10 day delay…before you get approval for the application that you submit.…You can't start construction until you have that approval.…
So, that means there's a 10 day delay…between submitting your permit application,…and starting construction.…To make it easier to see the Predecessors and Successors,…I'm gonna change the task form, a little bit.…I'm gonna right click it,…and then choose Predecessors and successors.…That way, I have a table for each one.…Well, now I wanna add the link…between the task and the milestone.…I've got Submit Permit Application selected.…
I come down to the task form, click Successor name,…click the down arrow, and then choose start construction.…
- Setting up projects and calendars
- Creating tasks and milestones
- Linking and timing tasks
- Setting up and assigning resources
- Understanding duration, work, and units
- Filtering and grouping items with views
- Adding tasks to a baseline
- Updating progress and costs
- Viewing project status
- Running reports
- Importing and exporting projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Project
2. Setting Up Project Files
3. Creating Tasks
4. Linking and Timing tasks
5. Creating Resources
6. Assigning Tasks to Resources
7. Working with Views
8. Fine-Tuning the Project Schedule
9. Tracking and Managing a Project
10. Viewing and Reporting Project Information
11. Sharing Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.