Learn the difference between projects, programs, and portfolios, and why all three tiers are important for an organization.
- What is the common driver…of portfolios, programs, and projects?…Let's describe how these three areas connect to each other…and how they are different.…For starters, organizational strategy drives portfolios,…programs, and projects.…The portfolio manager has a close link…to the executives within a corporation.…Why?…She is the first point of contact to align the strategy…with the programs and projects…which make up the portfolio content.…
Who selects and staffs the programs and projects?…Yes, it's the portfolio manager.…She needs to make sure the entire portfolio brings value…and that the organization is investing its money wisely.…Program management groups two or more projects together…that aim to achieve the same deliverables.…A deliverable is basically the benefits that you expect…at the end of the exercise.…If programs are a collection…of projects delivering common value,…does every project need to belong to a program?…If projects are unique and are note associated…with any other project, then there is no need…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality
Skill Level Intermediate
Developing Your Leadership Philosophywith Mike Figliuolo1h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting to Know Program Management
2. Program Management Performance Domains
3. Program Strategy Alignment
4. Program Benefits Management
5. Program Stakeholder Engagement
6. Program Governance
7. Program Life Cycle Management
8. Program Management Supporting Processes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.