Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Zoom in and out in time, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- The OmniPlan interface has the ability…to scale in and out vis-a-vis its view of time,…and you can do that both here in the task view,…as well as in the resources view.…So, I just want to take a close look at this feature,…because it works a little differently than you might expect.…So here we go up to the top right corner…of our Gantt chart here, and click on this scale button.…And you can see by default it's set to automatic,…and that's why the window scales to cover…everything we've put in there.…You can also have all of these choices…that are specific scales, and some will work…better than others, depending on the size of your project.…
Scheduling this to a month will make this shrink down,…and that's a little harder to look at,…but if you have a larger project…it might be exactly what you need.…And then again, you can always go back to automatic,…and then you can scale similarly,…Scale To Fit Project, and then also Scale To Fit Selection,…so if you're looking at a specific part…of a larger project, you can select it,…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Project Management: Iterative Methodswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley OConnell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.