Learn about how requirements workshops are conducted, and how they are highly interactive and involve a variety of participants, including customers and stakeholders.
- Requirements workshops look a lot different now…than they did when I started my career…more than 20 years ago.…Back then, I took a lot of notes…while stakeholders sat around a conference room table…discussing the solution or viewing a document.…After the workshop, I went back to my cube…and typed the notes into a requirements document template,…which the stakeholders reviewed over and over again…until everyone relented and signed their approval.…The sign off marked the end of the requirements phase,…so I sent the completed requirements document…to the development team, and moved on to my next project.…
So what's changed?…Well modern requirements workshops…are not about gathering and documenting requirements,…they're about elicitation.…Strategically drawing out information…from stakeholders and customers.…Our goal is to develop workshops that include…high impact collaboration, deep dialog,…and learning, as well as exploring ideas and details.…A great modern requirements workshop…requires a lot of planning, excellent facilitation skills,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What's elicitation and analysis?
- The relationship of elicitation to analysis
- Elicitation techniques
- Using interviews, brainstorming, and experiments to elicit requirements
- Analysis techniques
- Working with process models, context diagrams, and decision tables
- Adding to a process, product, or system