So what does a program manager do and what skills are required to perform the job? Learn about the competencies needed to be a program manager and what makes this position different than a project manager.
- So what does a program manager do…and what skills does she need to have?…First off, the program manager needs to manage…all of the project managers that are working on the program.…If you're thinking by now that the project manager…must be reporting to the program manager, you're right.…The program manager is responsible for delivering…the benefits to the organization,…and this is the work that…the project managers are completing.…Managing strategy is high on the list…of what a program manager needs to manage.…
Since the strategy is coming from levels…higher in the organization, she will need…to be the master in managing the relationships…with those key stakeholders.…A stakeholder is anyone who is positively…or negatively affected by your program.…Let's take a peek at some of the skills…a program manager needs to perform her job effectively.…Apart from the usual skills like…being an effective communicator,…the program manager is an enabler.…What do I mean there?…The projects need to get the work done,…but sometimes things get in the way.…
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality
Skill Level Intermediate
Developing Your Leadership Philosophywith Mike Figliuolo1h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting to Know Program Management
2. Program Management Performance Domains
3. Program Strategy Alignment
4. Program Benefits Management
5. Program Stakeholder Engagement
6. Program Governance
7. Program Life Cycle Management
8. Program Management Supporting Processes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.