Join Angela Wick for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Agile Product Owner Role: Techniques.
- This course is all about agile product ownership. It's designed to help your team increase the pace and quality of their work on agile projects. If you are new to agile or unfamiliar with some of the basic agile terms and concepts, then you may want to watch the Agile at Work series with Doug Rose. It offers a great introduction to agile and explains how the teams work. If you're new to the agile product owner position, my Agile Product Owner Role course offers an introduction to what the role entails and the key mindset to be successful.
This course focuses specifically on the hands-on aspects of the product owner role on agile teams. It's great for business leaders, business analysts, product and project managers, and anyone on an agile team who needs to better understand how to determine what gets built.
- Rallying your team around the product vision
- Creating an agile product roadmap
- Creating a release plan focused on value
- Breaking down features
- Setting up, creating, and analyzing user story maps
- Collaborating on the big picture
- Leveraging user stories
- Prioritizing the product backlog
- Working with your team
- Defining what "ready" and "done" mean
- Avoiding technical debt
- Guiding your team through estimating exercises
- Making sprint planning and standup meetings beneficial