Lean is a hot topic today and, rightly so. Many companies are integrating Lean practices into their business processes. In this video, Steven establishes a clear definition of Lean and discusses the four basic operating goals of Lean. Using distinct examples, see how Lean is used in production and service organizations alike.
- Everyone is talking about lean.…And no, I don't mean the latest diet or fitness trend.…Everywhere I look companies are exploring…on how they can apply lean principles…to their business processes,…whether they're a manufacturing company…or a service provider.…But what is lean?…Before we apply this concept let's define what it is…and understand the four basic goals of lean.…Lean is all about the process, or I should say processes…because lean principles and tools can be applied…to every process in every business.…
Like production processes on a factory floor…or standard processes used in restaurants…or the processes to admit a patient into the hospital.…Simply put, lean is about efficiency,…moving material, information, and ideas…through a process in a smooth, well organized manner…while removing waste and decreasing costs along the way.…Lean is a set of tools and applications…that allow us to do just that.…Lean has four basic goals that help to define…the concept itself.…
The first goal is to eliminate waste.…Waste is defined as any part of the process…
Lean concepts have been successfully applied to every aspect of doing business. In this course, learn the principles of lean and how they are used in processes, production, and services. Instructor Steven Brown also explains how lean thinking impacts the organization, from the overall business culture to day-to-day work activities.
- Cite the focus of a lean strategy.
- Explain what a “rule of complexity” is.
- Name the three key measures of inventory.
- List the 5S tools.
- Define a lean transportation system.
- Describe the characteristics of a lean purchasing organization.
- Identify the characteristics of a lean company.
Skill Level Beginner
Enterprise Agile: Disciplined Agile (DA) versus Spotifywith Doug Rose1h 11m Intermediate
1. Lean Defined
2. Lean Processes
3. Lean Manufacturing
4. Lean Services
5. Lean Thinking
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.