Learn about what elicitation and analysis is, and how it is important to requirements.
- You know what it's like to try on a piece of clothing…and it just doesn't fit?…And it looks so good on the hanger,…meeting all of your requirements.…This happens to users of software and products all the time.…How do we truly know if a solution we're working on…is right for the stakeholders, customers,…and the organization?…How do we know it fits and they'll love it?…Typically, more elaboration and discovery…from the original request is needed to deliver…what these groups want and need.…
That's why elicitation and analysis of requirements…is critical.…Let's take a look at what each of these critical pieces are…and why they're so important.…When working at a furious pace like many of us do,…it's easy to get caught up in what everyone thinks…the solution should be.…Stakeholders have ideas, developers have ideas,…everyone has ideas.…But the actual needs of the customers are found in the magic…of elicitation and analysis.…
Elicitation is the discover and progressive elaboration…of understanding the needs of our stakeholders…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What's elicitation and analysis?
- The relationship of elicitation to analysis
- Elicitation techniques
- Using interviews, brainstorming, and experiments to elicit requirements
- Analysis techniques
- Working with process models, context diagrams, and decision tables
- Adding to a process, product, or system