Learn about lean: an operations management approach that means creating more value for customers with fewer resources.
- In today's business climate, every company is focused on serving their customers at the lowest possible cost, and that's what lean practices are all about. A lean company works hard to eliminate waste, reduce costs, improve quality and increase speed throughout all their business processes. And that's what this course is all about. My name is Steven Brown and I teach principles of lean management in all my classes at Arizona State University. In this course, we'll cover lean practices and how they are used in a continuous improvement culture.
We'll explore how lean principles are applied to processes in both the manufacturing and service sectors. And finally, we'll examine the importance of applying lean thinking throughout your organization. If that's what you're looking for, you're in the right place. Let's get started.
Lean concepts have been successfully applied to every aspect of doing business. In this course, learn the principles of lean and how they are used in processes, production, and services. Instructor Steven Brown also explains how lean thinking impacts the organization, from the overall business culture to day-to-day work activities.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Cite the focus of a lean strategy.
- Explain what a “rule of complexity” is.
- Name the three key measures of inventory.
- List the 5S tools.
- Define a lean transportation system.
- Describe the characteristics of a lean purchasing organization.
- Identify the characteristics of a lean company.