Learn how to lead projects successfully using the DIRECT project leadership framework—define, investigate, resolve, execute, change, and transition. This course provides steps and techniques you can apply to managing and leading projects from concept to reality.
- Have you noticed how common projects are in companies, government agencies, and non-profits of all sorts? These days, it seems like everybody's working on a project all the time, but why? Well the answer is that organizations are in a constant state of change, and projects are the way changes get made. Whether or not a company can react and respond to changes quickly makes a big difference for their employees, their customers, suppliers, and shareholders.
My name is Daniel Stanton, and I've spent the last 20 years working on complex projects. From launching new products to deploying military units, to starting up new facilities, I've seen time and again how difficult it can be, and how important leadership is to the success of projects. And this course will give you the tools to lead projects like a pro. We'll look at how the direct project leadership framework can simplify project leadership by breaking it down into six key principles.
We'll learn how to define the vision for your project, and how to investigate your options. We'll see how to resolve to a course of action, execute the project plan, change the processes being used, and how to transition the people. I'm excited to share the techniques in this course because I know that they will help you become a better leader, and a more valuable asset for the projects you're working on. So let's get started.
- Defining the vision
- Documenting the project scope
- Investigating potential options
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Selecting a course of action
- Resolving issues
- Building trust with transparency
- Managing project plans
- Identifying risks
- Changing processes
- Helping people transition
Skill Level Intermediate
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.