Learn how to manage technical projects (including software, hardware, infrastructure, and cloud-based projects) with these project management tips.
- Can you imagine a discipline that is vital to our economy, yet well over 50% of the attempts to use it fail. If you could figure out how to succeed in that environment, wouldn't it be valuable? Hi, I'm Bob McGannon, and this is Managing Technical Projects. I've been involved in technology projects for more than 30 years, and I've learned from the failures, and from delivering a variety of successful projects, to succeed, technology projects require harmony between technology and business processes.
In this course, I'll show you how to create that harmony. I'll also take you through some of the most challenging aspects of setting up and managing technology projects, including collecting requirements and insuring your technology solutions are in sync with your organization's business processes. We'll also discuss how you can help your stakeholders manage the organizational change that often goes hand in hand with technology projects. From there, I'll help you to refine your approach to managing technology projects.
We'll discuss, which have particular nuances you should understand when you tackle technology implementation. Finally, I'll guide you through a series of challenges that you can review, and you can determine your approach to address them. You can then compare your approach with the recommendations I provide. Managing Technology Projects is an exciting endeavor, with the potential to produce great benefits for your company.
I'll give you hints and tips to help you succeed in managing technical projects.
- Identify three characteristics of the ideal To Be process map.
- Summarize the steps to manage organizational change.
- Recognize three details to consider when evaluating a cloud solution.
- Recall the consequence of failing to address functionality gaps in a technical solution.
- Determine which facts to collect before discussing resource availability with sponsors.
- Identify the questions to ask when asking team members for feedback on milestone development.