Learn how to manage technical projects (including software, hardware, infrastructure, and cloud-based projects) with these project management tips from expert Bob McGannon.
- Can you imagine a discipline that is vital to our economy, yet well over 50% of the attempts to use it fail. If you could figure out how to succeed in that environment, wouldn't it be valuable? Hi, I'm Bob McGannon, and this is Managing Technical Projects. I've been involved in technology projects for more than 30 years, and I've learned from the failures, and from delivering a variety of successful projects, to succeed, technology projects require harmony between technology and business processes.
In this course, I'll show you how to create that harmony. I'll also take you through some of the most challenging aspects of setting up and managing technology projects, including collecting requirements and insuring your technology solutions are in sync with your organization's business processes. We'll also discuss how you can help your stakeholders manage the organizational change that often goes hand in hand with technology projects. From there, I'll help you to refine your approach to managing technology projects.
We'll discuss, which have particular nuances you should understand when you tackle technology implementation. Finally, I'll guide you through a series of challenges that you can review, and you can determine your approach to address them. You can then compare your approach with the recommendations I provide. Managing Technology Projects is an exciting endeavor, with the potential to produce great benefits for your company.
I'll give you hints and tips to help you succeed in managing technical projects.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Guiding process and organizational change
- Considering a cloud-based solution
- Planning a technology project
- Assessing risks and changes
- Executing a technology project
- Addressing challenges such as conflict and changing priorities