Learn how to use OmniPlan 3, the popular Mac-based project management software, to track tasks, resources, and dependencies.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Jason Osder. Welcome to OmniPlan 3 Essential Training. OmniPlan is project management software on the Mac platform. It uses whats called a Gantt or waterfall style of project management that relies on tasks, resources, and dependencies to manage a project. We'll be learning how to create and manage all of those project elements as well as learning about features in the pro version of the software including Monte Carlo simulations and the multi project dashboard.
We'll be looking at all those features and more. Now, let's get started.
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.