In this video, Angela shares ways to pull in the team to create user stories with a workshop-style meeting and how to run a successful user story workshop. Learn tips on how to lead a high-quality and energized workshop.
- A common technique to get the team engaged…and working on the product…is to hold a user story workshop.…It's a hands-on meeting…where the team brainstorms and writes user stories…for the solution or product being worked on.…The product owner may work…with a scrum master or a team lead…to plan the workshop.…And to be successful,…the workshop will need the right inputs.…Let's take a look at the critical inputs…to a user story workshop…and how to use them.…First, is the product vision.…
This helps the team get their head…around why the product and stories matter.…The product owner should present the vision…to the team and allow any dialogue needed to clarify it.…Next, the product owner walks the team…through the features of the road map.…She explains their specific order…and focuses on helping the team truly understand…where value is in the features.…She may describe value…from an organizational, user, or customer perspective.…Another important piece are the personas we're using…to write the user stories.…
The product owner should review the persona definitions…
- Identify the fundamentals of release planning.
- Recognize the steps involved in product backlog refinement.
- Define personas.
- Explore the components of story maps.
- Break down the elements of acceptance criteria.
- Examine forced ranking prioritization in the backlog.
- Explore the parts of a sprint planning meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Analysis Foundations: Fundamentals (2014)with Haydn Thomas2h 13m Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Requirementswith Terri Wagner1h 35m Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Create a Meaningful Product Backlog
2. Backlog Refinement Techniques
3. Product Backlog Prioritization
4. Key Concepts for Agile Teams
5. Agile Meetings and the Product Owner
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.