User acceptance testing (UAT) provides validation that a project has delivered a workable solution. UAT is a common testing procedure in software projects, but it also makes sense as a quality check in cross-functional projects and supply chain projects. Identifying scenarios and testing them is part of managing project change.
- User acceptance testing or UAT…is a process that's often used in IT projects…but the same approach is used in other places too…and in this video we'll learn how to use UAT…to complete the change to the new system in your projects.…The idea behind UAT is to actually…see your new system in action.…Doing the things that it's supposed to do…before you sign off and accept that the system is complete.…
UAT involves testing the system by working…through scenarios that resemble the real processes…that the new system will need to support.…So let's take a look at how the team…at our example company, H Plus Sport,…is using UAT to support their project.…The project is centered around handling online orders…so one of their UAT scenarios is that a customer…logs on to the H Plus Sport website and places an order.…Then the order is directed to the right people…in the company, step by step, all the way through…until the product is shipped out to the customer.…
Since they're opening a new distribution center…another scenario in their UAT is ordering…
- Defining the vision
- Documenting the project scope
- Investigating potential options
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Selecting a course of action
- Resolving issues
- Building trust with transparency
- Managing project plans
- Identifying risks
- Changing processes
- Helping people transition
Skill Level Intermediate
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 17m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Changewith Doug Rose1h 1m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore1h 33m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Appropriate for all
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.