Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Update task completion, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- As project begins to move forward…and we're managing it with OmniPlan,…tasks are not static.…They get completed.…We move through our tasks…toward accomplishing our whole project,…and we're going to spend quite a bit of time…talking about managing projects,…but while we're talking about tasks specifically…I wanted to look at the ways…in which tasks proceed through their completion.…So the first way to do this is very, very easy…because it's part of the constellation of popups…that come up when we roll over a task.…
And it's this one right here.…This little drag point.…So if we want we finish day one of the project…and a good portion of our concept board is done,…we can indicate that by moving this forward…and say, "Yep, one day later, we have one day of work done."…Now we're a little more complex…because we've got this feedback round also going…so maybe some of that time has been spent…but not all of it so we could move that forward to hours.…
There's going to be some other ways…we could manage this feedback round.…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.