Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding software-testing concepts, part of Project Management Foundations: Quality.
- On occasion, I find shopping at a grocery store…a bit confusing.…I just want laundry detergent…but I have to work through various varieties…and styles, and pick one to take home.…In a way, software testing can be like that.…Full of forms and varieties,…when all you want is for your program to work.…So, to take the confusion out of software testing,…let me share the purpose of the typical testing phases…and when test planning activities can occur.…
This diagram can be helpful.…I'll take you through it.…Notice the left-hand side is specific to Test Planning…and the right-hand side is about Test Execution…which is performing the actual testing of the code.…Starting at the bottom of the graph,…Unit testing is the first of the Execution based tests…and examines the software at the unit or module level.…Unit testing will test the software formulas, logic paths,…and decision points.…
Integration testing will test the interfaces…between two modules to ensure data is passed back and forth…as expected.…This is an area wrought with danger…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Define project quality.
- Identify quality-planning components.
- Perform quality assurance.
- Examine the cost of quality.
- List types of quality tools.
- Describe the tenets of Pareto analysis.
- Explain the House of Quality approach.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma.
- Test deliverables and roles.