This video explains when you would use a flowchart diagram. It includes business scenarios that warrant the creation of the diagram and the intended intended audience.
- Have you ever bought modular furniture?…You know, the sort that requires you to self assemble it.…Getting ahold of the instructions is essential.…They give you the steps that need to be done…and knowing in which sequence they need to happen.…I've tried to do it on my own a number of times…only to find that I have screws and bits left over.…If I'd used the assembly instructions…and followed the pictures, arrows in sequence,…I'm sure it would have taken less time…and achieved the result…that looks just like the one on the front of the box.…Flowchart diagrams often referred to as simply process maps.…
Process maps document the flow of activities…performed by a single actor at the lowest level of detail.…Like the cross-functional flow diagram,…these can be documented as existing…also referred to as current state or as is…or future state, to-be process maps.…A current state flowchart process map…is extremely useful in identifying…and breaking down complex business processes.…It also helps you analyze…and identify process inefficiencies.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Using common modeling tools
- Determining when to use a particular modeling diagram
- Avoiding the pitfalls associated with each diagram
- Creating diagrams
- Leveraging key stakeholders