Join Doug Rose for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the change, part of Enterprise Agile: Changing Your Culture.
- [Instructor] An enterprise Agile transformation…is when you have many Agile teams with a shared…Agile mindset working on enterprise-level products.…You're transforming your organization to approach…your products in a different way.…The key thing to think about here…is the word transformation.…A transformation is a dramatic change.…You're going from one way of thinking about your work…to a completely different way of thinking about your work.…Transforming is where most organizations run into trouble.…Many of these organizations like the idea of being Agile…but they get hung up on the big changes.…
I once worked for an organization that started…their Agile transformation by saying,…of course we want to be Agile, but we can't combine…our quality assurance team with our developers.…They report to two different managers.…Another organization said, we want to give Agile a try…but we still need to work with scheduled milestones.…That way there's plenty of time for testing.…When this happens, you might have a few positive…
That's why this course is the first in a four-part series on enterprise agile. In this course, Doug Rose helps you lay the groundwork you'll need to make this radical organizational change. First, learn how to identify your organization's culture. There are many different types of organizational cultures, and each one presents its own set of challenges. Then, see different approaches to making a widespread organizational change. Finally, learn about the common challenges that almost all organizations face when starting enterprise agile.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recognize what must be in place before implementing a framework.
- Identify a simple strategy for implementing organizational change.
- Name the culture type that pushes for certainty and depends upon hierarchy.
- Recall what occurs in a competence culture.
- Explain organizational culture and describe how it relates to an agile transformation.
- Define the fearless change approach.
- List the eight steps in Kotter’s 8-Step approach.