Join Doug Rose for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the change, part of Enterprise Agile: Changing Your Culture.
- [Instructor] An enterprise Agile transformation…is when you have many Agile teams with a shared…Agile mindset working on enterprise-level products.…You're transforming your organization to approach…your products in a different way.…The key thing to think about here…is the word transformation.…A transformation is a dramatic change.…You're going from one way of thinking about your work…to a completely different way of thinking about your work.…Transforming is where most organizations run into trouble.…Many of these organizations like the idea of being Agile…but they get hung up on the big changes.…
I once worked for an organization that started…their Agile transformation by saying,…of course we want to be Agile, but we can't combine…our quality assurance team with our developers.…They report to two different managers.…Another organization said, we want to give Agile a try…but we still need to work with scheduled milestones.…That way there's plenty of time for testing.…When this happens, you might have a few positive…
That's why this course is the first in a four-part series on enterprise agile. In this course, Doug Rose helps you lay the groundwork you'll need to make this radical organizational change. First, learn how to identify your organization's culture. There are many different types of organizational cultures, and each one presents its own set of challenges. Then, see different approaches to making a widespread organizational change. Finally, learn about the common challenges that almost all organizations face when starting enterprise agile.
- Establishing the groundwork
- Understanding the change
- Reviewing organizational culture
- Identifying your organizational culture
- Trying the Kotter approach
- Being fearless
- Evangelizing change
- Changing myths
- Focusing on culture
- Dealing with common challenges